It seems that every day, we hear that more of those involved in creating the fantastic shorts and features that were selected for SECS FEST 2018 are planning to attend. Most are only planning to attend the exhibition of their own work, but a few are planning to spend the whole weekend at the festival.
Here’s a short list of attendees-
- Bambi K (director, The Wheel of Fortune) – Femme is Fierce Sh0rts
- Craig Downing (director, What We Want) – Erotic Angst Shorts
- Dashiell DeMeter (director, Fantasy) – Opening Night Program
- David Church, PhD (film scholar) – Archival Series
- Kate Sinclaire (director, GUSH) – Closing Program
- Spark Erotic (cast/crew, Heaven, The Pickup) – Femme is Fierce Shorts, Closing Program
- Skyler Braeden Fox (director, The 36-Year-Old Virgin) – via Skype – Erotic Angst Shorts
- Sydney Southam (director, Why I Like It) – Sex Work Shorts
- Urvashi (director, Heaven, The Pickup) – Femme is Fierce Shorts, Closing Program
Having so many excited filmmakers and cast members in attendance gives the rare opportunity for a Q&A session at nearly every screening, time permitting.
This year, the festival is also proud to announce that quite a few have decided to premiere their new films at SECS Fest 18.
- Dear Babe (d. Ethan A Folk & Ty Wardwell, 4 min, Germany, 2018) – Closing Program
- GUSH (d. Kate Sinclaire, 14 min, Canada, 2018) – Closing Program
- Heaven (d. Urvashi, 20 min, USA, 2018) – Femme is Fierce Shorts
- Polyethylene Touch (d. Flicker Fuckers, 10 min, Sweden, 2018) – Closing Program
- What We Want (d. Craig Downing, 3 min, USA, 2017) – Erotic Angst Shorts
North American Premieres
- Goodbye (A True Story) (d. Ezio Maisto, 8 min, Italy, 2018) – Closing Program
- The Sixty Nine Club (d. Rob Eagle, 21 min, United Kingdom, 2018) – Closing Program
- ISVN: Io Sono Valentina Nappi (d. Monica Stambrini, 50 min, Italy, 2018) – ISVN Feature Program
- Piety (Naya Pascula “The Outdoor Cat”, 14 min, Spain/Germany) – Sex Work Shorts
- Tom X (d. Arthur Borrow, 15 min, France) – Sex Work Shorts
- Unbridled (d. Marcus Quillan & Simon Christopher, 11 min, United Kingdom, 2018) – Closing Program
So if catching the films that have yet to screen anywhere else is a priority, our closing shorts program is populated with mostly premieres. And if having an opportunity to see the filmmakers in person talk about their work, most of our screenings will have at least one filmmaker in attendance.