The festival begins on Friday, but if you want to watch the entire virtual live-stream of the festival, you need to buy your tickets now. Sales of the virtual festival pass end on Thursday, September 9 at 10 pm (Pacific Time).
Individual in-person tickets are still available to all shows and can be purchased through Stranger Tickets or in person at the Grand Illusion Cinema, 30 minutes before the start of the show. Just remember to wear a mask and bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
The festival weekend is going to be challenging due to numerous sports events, construction, and road closures. So you will need to give plenty of time to get to the University District and find street parking.
And SECS FEST has some press this year.
BOMB Magazine: Girls Just Want to Have: Shiva Sanjari Interviewed by Jessica Lanay
Shiva Sanjari’s documentary, RED LIPSTICK, will screen on Sunday, September 12 at 2 pm. The full interview by Jessica Lanay will follow the film. Tickets an info at https://www.secsfest.org/red-lipstick/.
See you at the festival!
SECS Fest is only one month away.
Due to the recent increases in COVID-19 transmission in Seattle, to insure the safety of festival attendees and our all volunteer festival crew, there are new guidelines put in place by the Grand Illusion Cinema.
- All patrons are required to show proof of vaccination (card or photo of card) or proof of a negative COVID test from the last 48 hours.
- Masks required for all regardless of vaccination status.
- Our auditorium capacity is reduced by 50% and seats will be blocked off to help facilitate distancing. In addition, we are limiting showtimes to one per night, plus one matinee on weekend afternoons.
- We will not sell concessions for the time being. Please feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverage and keep your mask on when not drinking. No outside food allowed.
- We now accept debit/credit cards (in addition to cash) and offer advance ticket purchases for all shows. No refunds.
- We installed filtration capable of removing airborne COVID particles in the auditorium, lobby, and projection booth.
- Our volunteers are vaccinated. Please get vaccinated yourself if you haven’t!
- We are doing all of this to keep you safe as well as our volunteers, who donate their time to run the cinema.
Individual tickets and the virtual full-series pass will be available for purchase on August 25 here at secsfest.org.
It has been a long year filled with uncertainties, but at this time, despite the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, we are still planning on holding the annual Seattle Erotica Cinema Society’s Annual International Erotic Film Festival on September 10 – 12 at the Grand Illusion Cinema in Seattle.
There will be an in-person festival at the Grand Illusion Cinema. In addition, there will also be a live simulcast of the festival hosted by Pink & White Productions. Passes for both the live-stream virtual festival and the festival at the Grand Illusion will be on sale in mid-August. Individual tickets will also be available for in-person shows at the Grand Illusion. se
The full schedule for the festival has been posted so that you can have an idea what will be included in the 2021 festival.
FULL FESTIVAL SCHEDULE
The full-list of films including 30 short films, 4 features, and two archival films from Fred Halsted are posted and updated as we have more details.
SECS FEST FILM LIST
Now, we just need to continue to get vaccinated so that COVID-19 cases do not continue to rise in the Seattle area and we will be able to hold the festival in September. So tell your friends to get vaccinated so that we can enjoy erotic film in person this fall.
King County COVID-19 vaccination information
Want to submit your film for our erotic film festival but wondering if it’s “erotic” enough, or “artistic” enough, or…? An erotic film can be…
a music video
sci-fi or fantasy
kinky or edgy
artistic or experimental
…it’s up to you, show us what you find erotic!
The next submission deadline is on Friday, March 12.
It’s that time of year again. The Seattle Erotica Cinema Society is in the process of planning for SECS Fest 2021. We are hopeful that COVID-19 will be under control soon and therefore we may be able to hold an in person festival in Seattle in September. So in preparation, we will open film submissions on January 4, 2021.
You can find all of the details on eligibility and important deadlines on our submissions page at https://www.secsfest.org/secs-fest/submissions/ or on our page at Filmfreeway.com.
We’re looking forward to see what filmmakers have been up to during the global pandemic. Perhaps some are just looking for an excuse to finish pre-pandemic films.