COVID GUIDELINES at the Grand Illusion Cinema:
- All patrons are required to show proof of vaccination (card or photo of card) or proof of a negative COVID test from the last 48 hours.
- Masks required for all regardless of vaccination status.
- Our auditorium capacity is reduced by 50% and seats will be blocked off to help facilitate distancing. In addition, we are limiting showtimes to one per night, plus one matinee on weekend afternoons.
- We will not sell concessions for the time being. Please feel free to bring your own non-alcoholic beverage and keep your mask on when not drinking. No outside food allowed.
- We installed filtration capable of removing airborne COVID particles in the auditorium, lobby, and projection booth.
- Our volunteers (and SECS FEST staff) are vaccinated. Please get vaccinated yourself if you haven’t!
- We are doing all of this to keep you safe as well as our volunteers, who donate their time to run the cinema.
SECS Fest is an 18+ event.
*Tickets and virtual passes will be on sale on August 25*
6 pm PDT – Friday, September 10
“For Your Pleasure” Shorts Program (90 min)
Discover pleasures from new perspectives with films about self-discovery, new life, creative foreplay, bumpn’ beats, and a time traveln’ hole.
9pm PDT – Friday, September 10
VIVANTE (100 min)
In this dramatic comedy, Lou, a reserved young woman, will rent out a room in her too large apartment. This leads Lou to meet and begin a passionate relationship with Charlotte, but this new situation is not without drama, loss, and growth as Lou and Charlotte face challenges due to Lou’s loss of mobility and her sense of independence after an accident.
Proceeded by short film, IMMERSED
12 pm PDT – Saturday, September 11
“Caught on Camera” Shorts Program (80 min)
Reflections, gaze, projections, and physical media all play a part in these films where the lens has a leading role.
3 pm PDT – Saturday, September 11
ONE LAST TIME (90 min)
Salomé has decided to end her own life. The date has been set, it will be in 6 months. Until then, what matters most to her is to plan her last time, the last time she’ll make love. She wants to give that moment even more importance than she gave to her first time.
Proceeded by short film, Letting Go
6 pm PDT – Saturday, September 11
“Nightclubbing” Shorts Program (90 min)
Get hypnotized by the music, lights and mysteries that linger in the afterhours. These films will take you through a mind melding blowjob, a late night stroll through a city asleep, an all girl band making more than just music, and plenty more visual vices that will rock your Saturday night.
9 pm PDT – Saturday, September 11
Fred Halsted double feature:
LA PLAYS ITSELF & SEXTOOL
New 2K restoration of Fred Halsted’s non-narrated collages of sadomasochism.
2:00 pm PDT – Sunday, September 12
Red Lipstick (60 min)
Iranian documentary, Red lipstick is about a hairdresser called Masoumeh who is 36 years old and she never got married!
Proceeded by short film, SOLOGAMY
The film will be followed by an interview with director Shiva Sanjari.
5 pm PDT – Sunday September 12
CHEMISTRY EASES THE PAIN (90 MIN)
Frankie is set on her college path with a supportive Mom and tight-knit circle of queer friends. But the laws of attraction have other plans when she catches feelings for her Chemistry study-partner, Matt.
8 pm PDT – Sunday, September 12
“Love is the Drug” Shorts Program (90 min)
Craving some nature? We’ve got you covered with bodega treats, picnics, sultry seaside encounters, canna-comforts and more. Guaranteed to leave you hungry for more.